2/9/10

What the World Eats...


My sister sent me an email this morning that contained the pictures and captions found in the following link. I thought it was interesting to look at the varied families and see the types of foods they ate during an average week.

What I began to notice, though, was the weekly budget for the families, and, of course, the amount of food. In the end, I found the images a simple and powerful reminder that all is NOT equal in the world. I felt called to look inward and thank God for what I do have, and to also ask myself...what do I do with what I am given for those around me that have less? What are your own reactions? One Week of Food

Join us at ROCKsolid Discipleship Night tomorrow evening from 6-8pm for dinner (we are blessed!). Following dinner we'll be packing lunches for those that have less than us, playing games and having fun in the Gym and Loft, and we'll end with a closing prayer in the chapel led by Dcn. Bender.

No comments:

Post a Comment